Frank Zappa- One size fits all Yontar o meter: 97/100 (holy crap this is good stuff!)So, thanks to a friend I made here at school I delved in once again into the avant-garde and generally ridiculous world of Frank Zappa. This album in particular is freaking brilliant (many of his other albums are as well, but this one is more consistent than alot of his work, while still being completely un-commercial). From the get go there are three main influences in frank's work. Blues and Hard rock (usually together, sometimes separate), Jazz, and spastic classical music. It's like listening to Prokofiev mixed with a blues band, played by Jazz musicians inside of a giant sofa. I can't say enough about the musicianship and the arrangements, and his sense of humor is still fully intact as well. Just a blast of an album. Highly, highly reccomended.

No comments:
Post a Comment